Boracay, in the Philippines, Aklan is one of the finest Asian Beach getaways. Most of the people are excited specially during summer because there are lot of tourist booked their summer vacation during this time of the year. How to get there? There is an hour-long flight from Manila to Caticlan followed by a 10- minute ferry ride. Once you arrive, you can take a van that will bring you to the station where you are going to stay. Boracay has 3 stations, it is a 4 kilometer long White Beach and with its powdery white sand, crystal clear water and a soothing breeze. Boracay has received numerous votes as the Best Beach Resort and Best Island by TripAdvisor and Travel & Leisure Magazine.
Must Try in Boracay:
- Jonah’s Fruit Shake & Snack Bar Restaurant, Boracay – you must try this because there are “rumors” that this is the best shake in town and when I tried it its True! Indeed this is very affordable $3 and very yummy. I tried Banana Choco-Peanut Shake and it is so delicious. Fruit shakes here are overrated. This is located in Station 1 Boracay. You must try all their shake flavors and I guarantee you it’s worth a penny.
– I Love Backyard BBQ Restaurant – I love Backyard is located at D’mall near Station 2. I highly recommend this Restaurant because it is so affordable and the food is so delicious. The dining area’s interior design is so nice, it was design in Western and it’s a bit humorous too. I ordered grilled steaks and sausages for dinner and the food is so mouthwatering. You should try Onion Ring Tower, Mushroom Burger Steak, Classic Rib eye Steak. It is very affordable as well you will just pay around $15-20 and you can share this with your companions.
- Gasthof Restaurant – This Restaurant has the best tasting Baby Back Ribs and the food was awesome. The price is reasonable and you will love the taste. This is a must try when you’re in the Island. It is located near the D’mall Station 2 Boracay. We ordered their famous baby back ribs it is so juicy and the meat is so tender and it really taste good. We only paid $20 for everything.
- Guillys Island – The grilled food here are affordable it will just cost you $3 per order and Guilly’s island was indeed a place to get a good view of the beach while having a cold beer. This is located in Station 1. I love this place because they served food in the morning and at night this where they party. They have a good taste of music and DJ is very competitive in terms of their choices for music.
– Real Coffee & Tea Cafe – You must try Their Calamansi Muffin located in an alley along Stations 1 and 2. I think lovers of lemon squares will be happy to try out this as you can really taste the citrus flavor of fresh Calamansi. You can order it per piece each cost $2-3 and you can order it per box it will just cost you $15 and it has 6 pieces. Just a piece of advice you need to order this ahead of time due to high demand this is always sold out.
Must Do In Boracay:
- ATV & Buggy Cars – There will be a briefing for 5 minutes before the actual ride. They teach you how to operate the ATV and provide all the necessary things you need to know before you can operate it. They will teach you the rules and equipped you with the safety precautionary measures. This will cost you $9 for a 30 minute drive and you can see the beautiful island of Boracay.
- Paraw Sailing Boracay – Paraw is a double-winged wind driven boat and is ideal for 2 to 6 people and may be rented with or without guide; it depends on your sailing skills. Paraws are to be rented at hour basis.You can rent this for $7 per 20 minutes and you will appreciate the beauty of Boracay while exploring it in the water.
- Sky Cycle – This was terrifying if you consider the fact that you are riding a tandem (side-by-side) bicycle on a railway 20 meters from ground level, with only a loose seat belt to keep you “safe”. This is one of most unforgettable experienced that I have because I was able to make it to the finished line even though I am scared of heights. This will just cost you $2 per person.
- Kayaking – This activity can have a sore to your upper arm, if you don’t know how to execute the proper way of paddling. This is a human powered boat that you need to face forward and you will use a double-bladed paddle. I love doing this and this exercises my upper arm a bit. You can rent this for only $5 per hour.
- Helmet diving – Helmet Diving is one of the most exciting and expensive activity and water adventures you would not want to miss in your Boracay trip. The best time to do this activity is early in the morning when the ocean is quiet and calm in the afternoon the water is wavy.
- Willy’s Rock – located in near Station 1, Boracay. This spot is a considered as a Boracay landmark because this rock was illustrated as a Volcano with the statue of Virgin Mary on top of it. Most of the tourist takes picture here.
- Ariel’s Point – If you are very adventurous enough to jump on a high cliff and into the water this is the best place to go. You will have unlimited food and drink that comes along with your package and around the main area you can do snorkeling and canoeing.